Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multimedia (Solved)
03-27-2013, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 09:49 PM by BubbaBlues.)
Multimedia (Solved)
How do I install libdvdcss2 and k9copy? I searched but couldn't find a thread in English.

Common sense ain't common.
Will Rogers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2013, 11:55 PM
RE: Multimedia
You can install libdvdcss2 by executing the following:
Code:
wget http://www.deb-multimedia.org/pool/main/libd/libdvdcss/libdvdcss2_1.2.10-0.3_amd64.deb
dpkg -i libdvdcss2_1.2.10-0.3_amd64.deb
Be aware that this will not automatically update the library (which is imho not necessary that often)
You can get k9copy also from deb-multimedia.org

But I would avoid activating the deb-multimedia.org software repository as it might conflict with debian packages and our packages were not tested with those from debian multimedia.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2013, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 02:27 AM by BubbaBlues.)
(03-27-2013 11:55 PM)leszek Wrote:  You can install libdvdcss2 by executing the following:
Code:
wget http://www.deb-multimedia.org/pool/main/libd/libdvdcss/libdvdcss2_1.2.10-0.3_amd64.deb
Be aware that this will not automatically update the library (which is imho not necessary that often)

But I would avoid activating the deb-multimedia.org software repository as it might conflict with debian packages and our packages were not tested with those from debian multimedia.
Ok thank you for the info. I already added the deb multimedia "wheezy" repo but k9copy isn't in it. I'll go ahead and disable that repo and look for the k9copy package.

(03-28-2013 01:31 AM)BubbaBlues Wrote:  
(03-27-2013 11:55 PM)leszek Wrote:  You can install libdvdcss2 by executing the following:
Code:

Ok thank you for the info. I already added the deb multimedia "wheezy" repo but k9copy isn't in it. I'll go ahead and disable that repo and look for the k9copy package.

Well it seems debian doesn't even offer k9copy. It isn't in the repos. Out of all the tens of thousands of Linux software packages, there is only one program that does what k9copy does. There is no replacement . So if this distro doesn't offer it, then I've wasted my time.

Will Rogers
03-28-2013, 10:44 AM
I will take a look into it and we might package k9copy for you.
And btw. I thought handbrake would be a nice replacement for k9copy. Am I wrong ?
03-28-2013, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 11:40 AM by leszek.)
Update: k9copy is now packaged for Neptune and should be available in the software repository after an apt-get update
03-28-2013, 02:22 PM
(03-28-2013 11:40 AM)leszek Wrote:  Update: k9copy is now packaged for Neptune and should be available in the software repository after an apt-get update
That is great. Thank you so much for doing that!
Handbrake does part of it, but k9copy will do it all at once.
You can choose the titles you want, compress a dvd9 to a dvd5,
and burn it in one setting.
Thanks again for the help. Smile

Will Rogers
04-27-2016, 04:23 AM
RE: Multimedia (Solved)
thanks for everything...

NOOR