Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bailing out
06-22-2019, 05:53 PM
bailing out
I tried Neptune. It was OK. Now there are so many problems I'm going to a different Linux version.

Among other things:

1. Firefox crashes/won't start.
2. Windows are faded and cannot be read - one instance is if I want to shut down and click the excalibur menu button and then shut down the resulting window is almost 100% transparent. Not always. But it happens.
3. Hexchat is dysfunctional. It freezes, crashes and settings are not saved.
4. Screen brightness setting is so dysfunctional I had to write an xrandr script I could run after start up. This kept me from throwing my laptop in the lake.
5. I hate holding the power button down to turn off the laptop while the OS is engaged - but at least a dozen times in the past three or four days I had to do it.

I could go on but what's the point.

This is a laptop that has run many Linux versions. I've never had so many problems.

Thanks for trying. Neptune is pretty.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2019, 12:53 PM
RE: bailing out
Sorry to hear that and thanks for the feedback.
I wish we were able to help you with your problems.

Crashes of software is never fine to watch.
From all the problems you describe I can only guess that it all might've something to do with the graphics driver you were using. So if it was the proprietary Nvidia one that could explain most of the problems.

Can you post your hardware specs so we can maybe take a look into it and try fixing it.
Also which version of Neptune did you test? Version 5.x or 6 Beta?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply