Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very odd issue with my network
01-26-2019, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2019 02:47 AM by Deadface.)
Very odd issue with my network
Hi All

I have been running Neptune for a while and I have been have an odd issue/interaction with my network. I am not even sure where to start debugging - I am not even sure if it is an issue with Neptune.

Here goes. I have Neptune install on one machine. My home network is made up of a Modem connected to an unmanaged switch. Two Unifi AP access points are connected to the switch with a bunch of other devices included my Neptune workstation.

Over time I would notice my home WiFi network would go out. The odd thing is that every time this happens my Neptune workstation is locked up hard. I have to power cycle it. When I do so, my WiFi comes back. I have actually been within sight of the machine on a laptop and noticed the WiFi drop. When I looked over to the machine the screen was a mess and it was locked up.

Does anyone have a tip for where to start do debug this. I do understand that this may well be nothing to do with Neptune, which I want to stick with. Some Googling lead me to think that there may be an issue with the switch. However, there is no clear tips to test that idea.

I have also looked at the log files and the only errors seem to be related to the login manager crashing.

Thanks
Deadface
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2019, 02:15 AM
RE: Very odd issue with my network
So you have your Neptune workstation connected via Wifi or via ethernet cable?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply