Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox is in German/Dutch instead of English
10-30-2018, 08:44 PM
Firefox is in German/Dutch instead of English
Not sure what to do but it's the only thing holding me back from installing Neptune.

On the livecd and on 5.4 when I tried previously, I installed Firefox but it's in Dutch and no matter what I tried to do, can't get it to use US English.

I tried installing the language pack, going into setting and selecting the english language, went to about:config, typed in languages and change the int language from dutch, en-us, us to just en-us and no luck.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2018, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2018 01:02 PM by leszek.)
RE: Firefox is in German/Dutch instead of English
I'll take a look at it as the package needs updating anyways and make double sure to test it on en-us systems.
Update: Firefox 63.0 landed in our repos and should be in english localization by default.

And for the reference to switch firefox language you need to create the String property in about:config called "intl.locale.requested" with the Value from here: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/
So for english (as there is no US version available) setting it to en-GB should work.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-31-2018, 08:39 PM
RE: Firefox is in German/Dutch instead of English
(10-31-2018 09:27 AM)leszek Wrote:  I'll take a look at it as the package needs updating anyways and make double sure to test it on en-us systems.
Update: Firefox 63.0 landed in our repos and should be in english localization by default.

And for the reference to switch firefox language you need to create the String property in about:config called "intl.locale.requested" with the Value from here: http://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/
So for english (as there is no US version available) setting it to en-GB should work.

Thank you so much. I'll try it this weekend. Great distro from what I have experienced.
Find all posts by this user