Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has kalarm been replaced?
03-11-2018, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2018 07:43 PM by Sergeant_Pepper's_Lonely_Hear.)
RE: Has kalarm been replaced?
I discovered that an alarm set in kalarm are not by default "enabled" in the kalarm GUI. In order for it to work, you must first "enable alarms" with a button in the GUI. I did that, logged out, and waited until 20 minutes past the alarm time. When I logged back in, the alarm viewport appeared and sounded the sound file I had selected for the alarm. All is well thus far. I have also set another alarm for tomorrow for a time when I know the computer will be powered off. I will check that alarm tomorrow.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2018, 10:15 PM
Fantastic. Lets hope that all your tests work then Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2018, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2018 06:57 PM by Sergeant_Pepper's_Lonely_Hear.)
When I logged into my KDE session fhis afternoon for the first time, a dialog box popped up saynig "Did the 510 am Monday Alarm work ?". YAY, it worked--this was the text I typed for kalarm powered-down test. However, I couldn't hear the sound associated with the alarm. I might have missed it. I will try again next time I do a power-down of my computer. Thank you for helping me get this far, leszek.
03-14-2018, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2018 11:49 PM by Sergeant_Pepper's_Lonely_Hear.)
I repeated the powered-down test and got both the dialog box with my pre-set message and a sound file played upon logging in -- YAY! - it works. Thank you, leszek.
03-14-2018, 05:14 PM
Nice Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user