Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] Chromium Opens with Multiple Pages
01-30-2016, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2016 06:19 PM by davec51.)
[Solved] Chromium Opens with Multiple Pages
I installed Neptune45 today after several years away from the distro. The Chromium browser, when I access it, opens with three or four blank pages, a request to make it the default browser (I have done so many times), and two copies of my home page. Is there any way of fixing this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2016, 05:20 PM
RE: Chromium Opens with Multiple Pages
Seems like the configuration of the browser is broken.
Did you perhaps use an existing home directory with a profile already in it when installing ?
That might be the issue here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2016, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2016 06:20 PM by davec51.)
RE: Chromium Opens with Multiple Pages
(01-30-2016 05:20 PM)leszek Wrote:  Seems like the configuration of the browser is broken.
Did you perhaps use an existing home directory with a profile already in it when installing ?
That might be the issue here.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I didn't use an existing home directory, but I did import bookmarks and such when requested by Chromium. This might be the problem; I'll investigate.

(01-30-2016 04:23 PM)davec51 Wrote:  I installed Neptune45 today after several years away from the distro. The Chromium browser, when I access it, opens with three or four blank pages, a request to make it the default browser (I have done so many times), and two copies of my home page. Is there any way of fixing this?

I altered the settings to open on a blank page. Now it opens only there, a great convenience.
Find all posts by this user