Forums
Install bootloader to partition in Neptune 5.3 - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.zevenos.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Neptune (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Install bootloader to partition in Neptune 5.3 (/showthread.php?tid=22760)

Install bootloader to partition in Neptune 5.3 - bluheron1 - 07-15-2018 03:54 PM

I've been using Neptune 4 for a number of years and really enjoy it. The last few months I've been having problems with corrupted system files, so I want to upgrade to 5.3. I use another distro to control grub, so I'm hoping you might be able to change the installer so I can install the Neptune bootloader to a partition. Right now the installer only allows the bootloader to install on sda, I need to install it to sda1. Thanks, Bob.

RE: Install bootloader to partition in Neptune 5.3 - leszek - 07-16-2018 09:28 AM

This sounds like a request for the upstream calamares Projekt.
However I trink you can set it to not to install any bootloader.

RE: Install bootloader to partition in Neptune 5.3 - bluheron1 - 07-16-2018 11:14 PM

Leszek, I started the installer again, but there is no option to not install bootloader. When I use calamares to install Netrunner it gives me the option to not install bootloader. I just thought since you work on both distro's you might know if there is a difference in calamares or something in Neptune that is preventing the option to not install bootloader. Can Neptune be installed using calamares version in Netrunner?
Thanks, Bob.

RE: Install bootloader to partition in Neptune 5.3 - leszek - 07-17-2018 12:13 AM

Hmm... It might be a configuration change though I can't remember us changing anything.
In regards to version difference we ship a slightly newer version than Netrunner does.