Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Package conflicts: k3b <-> neptune-settings-plasma5-profile
06-03-2019, 10:39 AM
Package conflicts: k3b <-> neptune-settings-plasma5-profile
Hi,

I had issues, when trying to install k3b. The packages neptune-settings-plasma5-profile and k3b (to be precise, the dependent package k3b-data) raise conflicts:
Code:
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/neptune-settings-plasma5-profile_2.16_all.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/share/solid/actions/k3b_create_data_project_from_blank_medium.desktop', which is also in package k3b-data 18.08.1-1

To solve this issue, I've removed the k3b plasma files from neptune-settings-plasma5-profile_2.16_all.deb packages and re-installed it:
Code:
cp -a /var/cache/apt/archives/neptune-settings-plasma5-profile_2.16_all.deb /tmp/
mkdir /tmp/neptune-settings-plasma5_no-k3b-icons
dpkg-deb -R /tmp/neptune-settings-plasma5-profile_2.16_all.deb /tmp/neptune-settings-plasma5_no-k3b-icons
rm /tmp/neptune-settings-plasma5_no-k3b-icons/usr/share/solid/actions/k3b_*
dpkg-deb -b /tmp/neptune-settings-plasma5_no-k3b-icons /tmp/neptune-settings-plasma5_no-k3b-icons.deb
apt-get install /tmp/neptune-settings-plasma5_no-k3b-icons.deb

This issue was observed for version 2.15 and 2.16 of neptune-settings-plasma5-profile:
  • neptune-settings-plasma5-profile_2.15_all.deb
  • neptune-settings-plasma5-profile_2.16_all.deb

Background: I've upgraded a pretty fresh NeptuneOS 5.6 installation to v6 Beta. I do not know if the issue exists also for a fresh v6 Beta installation.

Cheers, J├╝rgen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2019, 04:12 PM
RE: Package conflicts: k3b <-> neptune-settings-plasma5-profile
Yes this is an issue with the upgrade from 5.x to 6.
The k3b package now ships with the necessary file.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply