Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live media black screens
11-13-2018, 10:27 AM
Live media black screens
Hello,
I recently viewed a YouTube video reviewing Neptune5 and liked what I saw so I decided to install it on a new system that I recently purchased. I ran into problems getting the system to boot the live media. I know Neptune works correctly because I had no issues booting to the Neptune desktop on my Dell Precision M6800 laptop that has an i7 CPU, AMD FirePro M61000 GPU along with 32GBs of DDR4 ram. My new system is as follows;

Intel NUC 8 NUC8i7HVK
Intel Core i7-8809G
Intel HD Graphics 630
Discrete Radeon RX Vega M GH graphics, 4G
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 32GB Intel Wireless-AC 8265 M.2 22x30 card, IEEE 802.11 ac 2x2 + Bluetooth v4.2 DDR4 2400
It also has a lot of IO pots but is probably irrelevant to why it is not loading Neptune5.

I went into the UEFI bios and made sure that secure boot as well as the trusted platform module was deactivated. Once this was done I was able to configure a custom boot order where before the only drive that was displayed was the one TB M.2 Samsung 860 Evo that has Windows 10 Pro installed.

When I turn on the system with the Neptune USB3 pen drive plugged in the system posts and then displays the initial Neptune menus. I first selected the default (fist entry) and when this did not work I then selected the fail safe selection that also failed. When I click on the selections the system immediately goes to a black screen, oh in case this might have bering on the issue the NUC is plugged into a TCL 55" 4K UHDTV with HDR support. I suspect that the installer is having issues with the graphics system, to my knowledge it is the only system that has the i7-8809G paired with the Radeon RX Vega M GH graphics chip. The i7 does have the Intel HD 630 graphics. Does anyone have any ides if I can get Linux to install on this NUC?
Thanks for your assistance,
ZophiasDad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply