Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install bootloader to partition in Neptune 5.3
07-15-2018, 03:54 PM
Install bootloader to partition in Neptune 5.3
I've been using Neptune 4 for a number of years and really enjoy it. The last few months I've been having problems with corrupted system files, so I want to upgrade to 5.3. I use another distro to control grub, so I'm hoping you might be able to change the installer so I can install the Neptune bootloader to a partition. Right now the installer only allows the bootloader to install on sda, I need to install it to sda1. Thanks, Bob.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2018, 09:28 AM
RE: Install bootloader to partition in Neptune 5.3
This sounds like a request for the upstream calamares Projekt.
However I trink you can set it to not to install any bootloader.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-16-2018, 11:14 PM
Leszek, I started the installer again, but there is no option to not install bootloader. When I use calamares to install Netrunner it gives me the option to not install bootloader. I just thought since you work on both distro's you might know if there is a difference in calamares or something in Neptune that is preventing the option to not install bootloader. Can Neptune be installed using calamares version in Netrunner?
Thanks, Bob.
Find all posts by this user
07-17-2018, 12:13 AM
Hmm... It might be a configuration change though I can't remember us changing anything.
In regards to version difference we ship a slightly newer version than Netrunner does.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user