Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot bug
03-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Boot bug
Installed the latest Neptune Plasma 5 three days ago to replace another Linux system dual booted with Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3. I updated the system and it has booted fine until today when it sticks with a disk-check message. If I 'Ctrl -c' to cancel then it just cycles but the desktop never loads. Linux Mint continues to boot fine from the boot menu. Any idea what I can do to correct this fault?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2018, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2018 04:23 PM by leszek.)
RE: Boot bug
Maybe the disk check is necessary to correct some filesystem issue. Better leave it running and see if it fixes the issue then.

edit: Moved to the right subforum.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-19-2018, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2018 10:20 AM by BigFoot.)
(03-15-2018 04:23 PM)leszek Wrote:  Maybe the disk check is necessary to correct some filesystem issue. Better leave it running and see if it fixes the issue then.

I already tried this but it just goes nowhere.

(03-19-2018 10:12 AM)BigFoot Wrote:  
(03-15-2018 04:23 PM)leszek Wrote:  Maybe the disk check is necessary to correct some filesystem issue. Better leave it running and see if it fixes the issue then.

I already tried this but it just goes nowhere.

Just as side note, considering the low traffic rate in this forum, the spam posts left in place don't create a very good impression for anyone looking for support.
Find all posts by this user
03-19-2018, 11:36 AM
So you don't get any error message and the check on the disk never finishes?
Can you try booting without the splash screen and quiet options. Just edit them out from grub boot menus boot entry by pressing e. Then when edited out in the editor press ctrl+x to boot with these new options.

See if there is any error message or explanation for the not booting desktop.

Quote:Just as side note, considering the low traffic rate in this forum, the spam posts left in place don't create a very good impression for anyone looking for support.
Usually we are very quick in detecting spam posts that manage to trick the built in antispam filters. If you find any spam posts that we did not see and removed yet. Please report them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user