Forums
Neptune and Netrunner - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.zevenos.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Neptune (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: English Sub-Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+----- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+----- Thread: Neptune and Netrunner (/showthread.php?tid=24797)

Neptune and Netrunner - zorzi - 02-24-2019 06:58 PM

Hello,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Neptune and Netrunner seem very close because of Netrunner repos in Neptune sources.list.

I was wondering if these two distributionss were provided by the same team.

Their main difference is Debian stable repos for Neptune, Debian testing repos for Netrunner.

Moreover, I've heard that Netrunner will probably provide a Debian stable based flavour soon. Can we think then that Neptune and Netrunner will merge ?

Thanks for reading.

RE: Neptune and Netrunner - leszek - 02-26-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:I was wondering if these two distributionss were provided by the same team.
There is an overlap as I am as main developer of Neptune am also working on Netrunner.

Quote:Moreover, I've heard that Netrunner will probably provide a Debian stable based flavour soon. Can we think then that Neptune and Netrunner will merge ?
I doubt it for now as we have slightly other visions when it comes to which apps we ship by default and which user experience we want to provide.

RE: Neptune and Netrunner - zorzi - 02-26-2019 10:55 PM

(02-26-2019 06:03 PM)leszek Wrote:  
Quote:I was wondering if these two distributionss were provided by the same team.
There is an overlap as I am as main developer of Neptune am also working on Netrunner.

Quote:Moreover, I've heard that Netrunner will probably provide a Debian stable based flavour soon. Can we think then that Neptune and Netrunner will merge ?
I doubt it for now as we have slightly other visions when it comes to which apps we ship by default and which user experience we want to provide.

Ok. Thanks a lot for answering.