We are proud to announce our third extra beta of Neptune 3 “Brotkasten” our first 64bit version of Neptune. This unplanned beta release was created due to the fact the KDE Team added a new release candidate and moved its release date of KDE SC 4.10.
In this release we include the current development release candidate 2 of KDE SC 4.10. (KDE SC 4.9.97)
We also patched the notifications system to show notifications properly.
As this is a beta version and we are using a release candidate of KDE Plasma Desktop please consider reporting bugs either to us or upstream.
Users of the Beta 2 of Neptune 3 can upgrade safely to this new version except for KDE SC 4.10 which isn’t available currently as we intend to provide a seperate repository for it. Just enable the neptune repository and upgrade
# Neptune 64Bit Sourceslist
deb http://proindi.de/zevenos/neptune/repo/ sid main
Changes in this beta:
- KDE SC upgraded to 4.10 RC 2
- fixed Neptune Installer now disables autologin from live-session on installed system
- fixed Neptune Installer to create /var/log/neptune-installer.log again
- added new xserver-xorg-video-ati 7.0 to support more ATI/AMD chips
- advanced installer now provides warning when not started as root
You can get the current version from here:
md5 sum: a84f73ad73c06357585b12a7b2d846cb