The Neptune team is proud to announce the release of Neptune 3.3.
We worked hard and spend a lot of effort in creating this service release for Neptune 3.0. So if you like it please consider donating to us a small amount of money so we can further develop and strenghtens our efforts.
You can donate via paypal:
This release features the linux kernel 3.10.12 and is exclusively meant to run on 64bit CPUs. The KDE Plasma Desktop ships with version 4.11.2. Chromium was updated to version 29, VLC to 2.1 and LibreOffice to version 22.214.171.124. We ship with the latest and greatest multimedia codecs preinstalled aswell as the flashplayer. For wireless diagnosis we ship Wireshark, Aircrack-ng and kismon.
We took a lot effort in cleaning up the system(like discussed in the forum) and removed Eclipse aswell as muon software center and qapt-deb-installer.
We added the brand new version 2.1 of VLC which comes with lots of improvements in audio and device management. We removed pavucontrol which is no longer used as we don’t ship pulseaudio. Kernel 3.10.12 comes with patched zram to prevent freezes.
We also added a renewed quick installation manual.
To upgrade Neptune 3.2 to 3.3 just perform an normal system update. This will upgrade the system except for the KDE Plasma Workspace. To Upgrade KDE please enable the Neptune KDE Repository. The same goes for LibreOffice which can be obtained from the LibreOffice softwaresources we include but disabled by default.
The changes in an overview:
- New kernel 3.10.12
- KDE SC 4.11.2 with customized notification center
- Removed eclipse
- Removed pavucontrol
- Removed muon software center, muon updater and qapt-deb-installer
- Use Apper as default deb installer with gdebi-common
- Fixed neptune installer uuid detection
- Added new version of neptune-scripts
- Updated LibreOffice to version 126.96.36.199
- Updated Chromium to version 29
- Updated VLC to version 2.1
- Updated Quick Install Guide
- Added about menu für Zevenoshardwaremanager
- Added Calligra 2.7.2 in kde repository (needs to be activated to install)