The Neptune team is proud to announce the release of Neptune 3.0 “Brotkasten”.
We worked very hard and spend a lot of effort in creating this release. So if you like it please consider donating to us a small amount of money so we can further develop and strenghtens our efforts.
You can donate via paypal:
This release features the linux kernel 3.8.4 and is exclusively meant to run on 64bit CPUs. We switched the Debian base from testing to wheezy to provide a more stable and better experience. The KDE Plasma Desktop ships with version 4.10.1. Chromium was updated to version 25, Icedove to version 10.0.12ESR, Gimp 2.8.2, Kdenlive 0.9.4, Amarok 2.7, VLC 2.0.5. We ship with the latest and greates multimedia codecs preinstalled aswell as the flashplayer. For wireless diagnosis we ship Wireshark, Aircrack-ng and kismon.
We put a lot of effort in adding new features and fixing lots of bugs.
The Neptune Installer now comes with a summary page allowing you to see a summary of the installation options aswell as allowing you to change the language and localization of your system right from within the installer (the new language-selector tool can be called after installation aswell). We also added a new advanced installation mode the Nested Installation.
Thanks to our competition in creating Kdenlive title templates we were able to put lots of cool and new title templates into this release.
The ZevenOS-Hardwaremanager was updated to be more polished and to allow even the installation of experimental proprietary graphicsdrivers (from the debian experimental repository).
The artwork of Neptune 3.0 was modified aswell and for the first time also uses a custom sound theme aswell as a customized mouse cursor theme. We optimized the font rendering and turned font hinting on by default.
The new default launchermenu to open up applications has been switched to lancelot which allows you to use all the great krunner plugins in the integrated search aswell as offering a better overview of installed applications and a clickless navigation.
The changes in an overview:
- Switched to 64bit only release (you need a 64bit capable CPU to run Neptune 3.0)
- New kernel 3.8.4
- KDE SC 4.10.1 with customized notification center
- removed Pulseaudio for better audio experience and no crackling sounds anymore
- new Installer summary page
- new language-selector tool
- updated zevenos-hardwaremanager with experimental driver support
- better default font config
- fixed snapshot-manager to disable install button when no snapshot is available
- added new xserver-xorg-video-ati 7.0 to support more ATI/AMD chips
- advanced installer now provides warning when not started as root
- new Muon 2.0 RC2 software installer
- updated LibreOffice 3.5.4-4
- added nested installation as neptune-installer-nested
- Use Lancelot now as our default launchermenu for applications
- switched base system to debian wheezy
- split neptune repository in neptune config + apps and kde repository
- added ppapi-flashplayer for better flash experience